Lauren Alaina has enjoyed a renaissance in 2017.
Consider the year’s highlights so far for the Season 10 American Idol runner-up.
* In April, she scored a number one hit with “Road Less Traveled,” the title track off her first album in five years.
* In June, she received Breakthrough Video of the Year honors at the CMT Awards for “Road Less Traveled.”
* She made her acting debut in a film called “Road Less Traveled.”
* She opened for Luke Bryan on his 2017 tour.
* A duet she recorded with Kane Brown for the song “What Ifs” is currently #2 on Billboard’s Streaming Country Songs Chart.
* Though she released her debut album back in 2011, she’s been nominated as Best New Artist at the CMA Awards on Nov. 8.
* And now she has a new single on the Billboard charts, “Doin’ Fine.” The song was sitting at number 49 on the Country Airplay Chart this week.
“Doin’ Fine” is based on the emotions Lauren went through when her parents divorced. The video for the song landed Thursday and you can check it out below.
Lauren explains the song in a press released: “When a really big life changing event takes place, you feel a flood of emotions. Some days you cry. Some days you’re angry and some days you’re happy.
“It was really important to me to use the three and a half minutes of the video to share all of the emotions I felt while watching my parents go through a divorce, seeing my dad through rehab, and my adjusting to a new life in Nashville.
“Life is full of unpredictability, and so are we. It’s okay to not be okay all of the time, but we have to get to a place where we are ‘Doin’ Fine.’”