If you’ve seen the commercials, you probably get the concept. Four diverse artists are seated on stage. In order to retain their chair, they must fend off challenges from others auditioning for the show.
Fergie is set to host. Judges for the competition include Sean “Diddy” Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and record label executive Charlie Walk.
So let’s learn a little about Ash.
* He hails from Australia and is 23.
* He describes himself as a soulful acoustic singer-songwriter.
* “I want to fuse music,” he says in a Fox promo video. “I want to work with producers of all different genres. In five years, I want to be touring the world.”
* He’s also eager to prove an artist from Australia has what it takes to make it in music in the United State.
* “I’ve had my sights on L.A. for a while, but first I wanted to make sure I was at a skill level that I could step on any stage and leave the result I wanted,” he says.
* You can check out several of his covers on YouTube or Soundcloud. They include a version of “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” by The Four judge Meghan Trainor and John Legend.
* Among the original four, he’s the social media king with 18,000 followers on Instagram and more than 53,000 on Twitter.
* He also describes himself as a sports and fitness nut. “I’ve skydived over the ‘Remarkables’ in New Zealand in the winter,” he writes on one site. “It was amazing.”
* Says DJ Khaled: “You know what I like about Ash? He wants to be in stadiums. He’s so confident. Stadium confident.”
Here are Ash’s social media links.