If you’ve seen the commercials, you probably get the concept. Four diverse artists are seated on stage. In order to retain their chair, they must fend off challenges from others auditioning for the show.
Fergie is set to host. Judges for the competition include Sean “Diddy” Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and record label executive Charlie Walk.
So let’s learn a little about Blair.
* Born and raised in Los Angeles, Blair has been striving for a career in entertainment since age 9, according to his website.
* Back in 2011, he posted a cover of Beyonce’s “1+1” that has been viewed more than 1.3 million times on YouTube.
* Altogether, his covers on YouTube — and there are lots of them — have attracted more than 6 million views.
* Head there and you can also listen to a Blair Perkins’ original, “My Love.”
* Now 25, Blair’s been working on a 12-track debut album that he says “will redefine R&B music by fusing its past with its future.”
* He launched a Go Fund Me page in July to help fund that project. So far, supporters have pledged a little more than $3,000 of the $50,000 he’s hoping to raise.
* His accomplishments include opening for Stevie Wonder and being one of five writers on Demi Lovato’s 2013 single, “Made in the USA,” which became a Top 40 pop hit and won a Radio Disney Award for Best Roadtrip Song in 2014.
* “I love all kinds of music,” Blair says in a promo video for The Four. “I describe myself as an R&B/pop recording artist. I’ve done concerts, recording, writing. I feel like all of that has prepared me for this moment.”
* Says Meghan Trainor: “He’s like baby Usher with a soulful voice. And you can tell this is all he wants in the world.”
Here are Blair’s social media links: