If you’ve seen the commercials, you probably get the concept. Four diverse artists are seated on stage. In order to retain their chair, they must fend off challenges from others auditioning for the show.
Fergie is set to host. Judges for the competition include Sean “Diddy” Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and record label executive Charlie Walk.
So let’s learn a little about Elanese.
* On her website, she describes herself as an R&B/Pop singer-songwriter and actress.
* Born in New York, she was raised in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and is now 22.
* The singing bug bit her at an early age and she got her start performing at family gatherings, birthday parties and weddings, as well as local talent shows and competitions.
* She competed on Season 2 of The X Factor as Elanese Lansen, made it past the audition stage, but was cut before the live shows. She was 18 at the time.
* On her website, she also says she’s been working with some great producers in the South Florida area, but she’s yet to release original music.
* In a FOX promo piece, she says she aspires to become the Latina Beyonce. One of the seven covers you’ll find on her YouTube channel is Beyonce’s “Drunk in Love.”
* “As an artist, I guess I would describe myself as soulful and sultry,” she says in the promo piece. “In real life, I’m pretty shy, then when I’m on stage I feel strong. Up there, I feel powerful.”
* Says Diddy: “She could be the face of the future.”
Here are her social media links: