The Voice returns Monday, Feb. 26, with Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Alicia Keys and Kelly Clarkson as coaches and a new blind audition twist.
Check back then and throughout Season 14 for complete coverage on Voice Views. Meanwhile, here’s more about Genesis.
* Genesis was born and raised in Miami to Cuban parents, according to her Facebook bio. She typically performs as simply Genesis.
* In that same bio, she says her music is highly influenced by greats such as Aretha Franklin and Etta James “mixed with the modern sounds of Shakira, Natalia Jimenez, and Beyonce.”
* Being a Latina, she also sings in Spanish and if you head to one of her YouTube accounts, you can hear a wonderfully received rendition of Hoy Quiero Confesar from 2016.
* Genesis has been working with a “boutique record label” called Top Stop Music out of Delray Beach, Fla., and is one of five artists featured on the homepage of the label’s website.
* She performed as a representative of Top Stop at Billboard’s 2017 Latin Music Showcase in Miami. You can watch her cover of “Natural Woman” below.
* That’s the most recent video on her YouTube channel, but you can check out several more current covers on her Facebook page, including a version of Voice coach Alicia Key’s “Fallin'” and “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” the song Chloe Kohanski covered so successfully on Season 13.
* She also covers Adele’s “A Million Years Ago” and calls Adele her favorite singer. “She inspires me to do what I love and she inspires me to keep going on this journey that I call my biggest dream,” Genesis writes.