Now the show has released the rest of the “star-studded” lineup. And, remember, Tuesday’s results show will air from 9 to 11 p.m. eastern time, beginning an hour later than normal.
Each member of the Top 8 will return to the stage that night for star-contestant duets. Those will include:
* Billy Idol will perform “White Wedding” with Chloe Kohanski
* Vince Gill will perform “When I Call Your Name” with Red Marlow
* Norah Jones will perform “Don’t Know Why” with Addison Agen
* Sia will perform “Titanium” with Brooke Simpson
* Bastille will perform “World Gone Mad” with Noah Mac
* Jessie J will perform “Not My Ex” with Davon Fleming
* Bebe Rexha will perform “Meant to Be” with Adam Cunningham and Keisha Renee.
Remember when the entire Top 20 would be invited back to participate in a finale filled with performances by that season’s contestants during a results show that actually seemed like a celebration of the season just completed?
Here’s betting only the Top 8 participate Tuesday night.
In addition to Chris Blue, the results show will feature stand-alone performances by …
* Demi Lovato singing her new single, “Tell Me You Love Me”
* Kelly Clarkson performing “Medicine” from her new album on TV for the first time
* The funk rock band N.E.R.D., led by former “Voice” coach Pharrell Williams, performing “Lemon.”
* Charlie Puth performing his new single “How Long”
* Sia performing her holiday single “Snowman.”
That’s 13 performances before we find out who wins Season 13.
Hopefully, they won’t have the confetti drop and then cut off the show before we even hear the winner sing a victory song like they’ve done too often in the past.