There were rumors that The Voice might shortened its Season 13 finals by a week.
Those rumors appear to be unfounded.
The Voice has announced that just one singer will be eliminated when the live shows begin this week.
Everyone will sing Monday night. The bottom two will vie for an instant save during Tuesday’s results show.
Remember, iTunes downloads count as votes, but only if you download the songs during the official voting window, from the time the show starts on the east coast through noon the following day.
Also — and this is important — voting rules have changed for Season 13. You can now vote by streaming songs on Apple Music, up to 10 votes per song in fact. You can also vote using Xfinity’s X1 device, if you have one. And, on Dec. 11, there will be Twitter voting for duet performances as well.
If you care enough to vote, you might want to review the official voting rules.
Now, here are my rankings of the Top 12. And ranking this talented bunch was not at all easy.
Disagree? Let me know by commenting below.
1. Davon Fleming (Team Jennifer): Look, the show is called The Voice. I have to put the guy who’s mesmerized us with his every time he’s taken the stage at the top of this list. He’s one heck of a performer too.
2. Noah Mac (Team Jennifer): He and Addison are the whiz kids, the best pair of young singer-songwriters the show might have ever served up in the same season. I can easily see Noah winning.
3. Addison Agen (Team Adam): I’ve called her the female Sawyer Fredericks. Check out her debut album, “New Places,” released in 2016, and see if you agree.
4. Red Marlow (Team Blake): Four members of the Top 12 are country singers, and I’m betting the show’s country fan base falls in love with Red and his country persona. Not to mention his voice.
5. Brooke Simpson (Team Miley): She closed the season premiere and has been every bit as powerful and pitch perfect for the ladies as Davon has for the guys, though perhaps with a bit less flash.
6. Chloe Kohanski (Team Blake): Once glance at iTunes tells me fans love Chloe, especially when she can put her Chloe spin on a popular song. But she’s going to need better songs than the done-to-death “Time After Time.”
7. Ashland Craft (Team Miley): If I’m Miley, I make sure Ashland serves up a broad dash of upbeat sass and takes viewers back to the honky tonk vibe she brought to The Voice from Piedmont, South Carolina.
8. Keisha Renee (Team Blake): She’s got the vocal skill to win the show. She’s also trying to become a country artist on a show with three singers who have lived and breathed country music for years.
9. Jon Mero (Team Adam): His performances have been a little too-over-the-top for my taste, But here’s how deep and talented the Season 13 cast is — I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Jon and his stellar vocals vie for a spot in the finals.
10. Janice Freeman (Team Miley): Janice might be the show’s most powerful female vocalist. But the show’s fans have a dismal record of supporting R&B females unless they’re under 18.
11. Adam Cunningham (Team Adam): He’s not here because of his playoff performance, which I thought was one of the best. He’s here because his social media stats pale in comparison to his Voice country counterparts.
12. Shi’Ann Jones (Team Jennifer): Talented for sure. But in advancing the youngest singer on the show instead of Chris Weaver, Jennifer is gambling she’ll have time to grow on the show. We’ll see.