American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s a bit more about Destiny.
* She hails from Newnan, Ga., is in her mid-20s and a graduate of Newnan High School.
* Destiny started singing very young and told her hometown newspaper she performed her first solo in church at age 5.
* “A lot of people didn’t know that I could sing,” she recalled. “I got a standing ovation. That is when I knew that I wanted to be a singer.”
* At the time of the interview, she was 17 and said she had already auditioned for The Voice twice, The X Factor twice and for America’s Got Talent.
* She’s also traveled to the Apollo Theater in New York to perform on at least three occasions, scoring a pair of preliminary round wins at age 9 and age 15.
* Destiny specializes in R&B and pop music, but her only released single, “It Is Well,” is a Christian single that dropped in December 2020. You can check it out below.
* She has more than 2,000 followers and more than 10,000 likes on her TikTok, where she demonstrates her versatility with impressive recent covers of “Killing Me Softly” and Lee Ann Womack’s “I Hope You Dance.”
Destiny on social media:
@iamdestinyreeves I hope you dance – @leeannwomackmusic #music #fyp #foryou #imspirational #singer #ihopeyoudance ♬ original sound – Destiny Reeves
Leave a reply