American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Mary Beth.
* She’s already enjoyed a successful run on one singing show, making it at the way to the semifinals (Top 8) on Season 17 of The Voice in the fall of 2019 after auditioning at age 18.
* Marybeth performed “Angel from Montgomery” for that audition, turning the chairs of all four Voice coaches with an impressive performance. And she called a battle round performances of Cam’s “Burning House” with the duo of Dane and Stephanie her favorite Voice performance.
* Both are country songs, but she also showed versatility on The Voice, covering a wide range of artists, including Adele (“All I Ask”), Ellie Goulding (“Love Me Like You Do”) and Grace Potter (“Stars”).
* From Armorel, Ark., Marybeth is an online student at Arkansas State University and a member of the Class of 2023.
* Now 21, she also works as an evening radio host at the MIX106.3 radio station in Arkansas and offers vocal lessons.
* Marybeth has been singing since a young age and by 11 had already performed in the finals at the Mid-South Fair Jr. Talent Show, the local St. Jude Cable/Radiothon.
* According to her Voice bio, Marybeth grew up with a terrible stutter and was constantly teased about it. Speech therapy didn’t help, but she didn’t stutter when she sang and music became her refuge.
* In 2017, she was named Miss Greater Jonesboro Outstanding Teen with a focus on vocal talent and a platform of Stranger Safety: Be Smart, Cool and Safe. She went on to become second runner-up in the 2017 Miss Arkansas Outstanding Teen competition, winning a preliminary round with her vocal performance.
* She released a debut single called “Truly Livin'” in January 2022, calling it a song for “anyone out there who is struggling with the loss of a loved one.”
* Marybeth has announced that a second single, “Just Ain’t Right,” will drop Feb. 10, just over a week before Idol’s Feb. 19 Season 21 premiere.
Marybeth on social media:
Leave a reply