American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Danielle.
* She’s no stranger to singing competition shows, having made it to the semifinals (Top 9) on Season 18 of The Voice in the spring of 2020 after auditioning at age 17.
* Megan turned just one chair with her blind audition performance of “Remedy” by Adele, but that was enough to earn a spot on Team Kelly Clarkson. She was especially impressive covering Kelly’s “Piece by Piece” in the knockout round, bringing her coach to tears with the performance.
* Since The Voice, the young woman from Douglasville, Ga. has been performing regularly as a worship singer. She released a country single — “Top of the World” — in 2021, but refers to herself as a Christian singer-songwriter on Instagram.
* Megan released her first Christian single “All Around” on Feb. 4, 2022, as a tribute to her “papa,” who passed away in late 2021. She sang the song for him in the hospital the day before he died.
* Around the same time, Megan announced on Instagram that she was working on her first Christian EP. It has yet to drop, but stay tuned.
* Her other release to date is “In the Rain,” a duet with Levi Watkins, a Season 18 colleague on The Voice who wrote the song and invited her to sing on it.
* Her parents divorced when she was young, meaning Megan was raised by a single mom along with four other siblings.
* She doesn’t come from a musical family, but told Voice Views in 2020 that she turned to music as a way to cope with her parents’ divorce.
* That divorce “made me feel so hopeless, sad, and lonely. So, I decided to start singing. It brought me peace. Ever since, I’ve connected with music more than anything in my life,” she explained at the time.
* She said her first public performance was when she was 15 years old at a restaurant in Douglasville.
Megan on social media:
Leave a reply