American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Rebecca:
* She’s one of several The Voice alumni to try out for Idol. In Rebecca’s case, she landed a spot on Team Blake on Season 13 of The Voice in the fall of 2013, but was eliminated in the second round of the competition.
* Rebecca announced her debut single, “Round Hole,” early in 2022 after “after years of never releasing music for fear of it not being good enough.” And what a debut single it turned out to be.
* A collaboration with The Song House in Nashville, “Round Hole” started out as a viral TikTok video. Released in March, the addictive single has now been streamed nearly 4 million times on Spotify alone. And in May, Rebecca followed up with a “Round Hole” music video. Check it out below.
* 2022 was a big year for Rebecca in other ways as well. She played her first show in Nashville, sang the national anthem at a Chicago Bulls game and returned to her hometown of Mason, Mich., to perform in front of a packed crowd at the Sundried Music Festival.
* And on Friday, she released her first song of 2023, an impressive cover of Justin Bieber’s “Anyone.” She posted a snippet to TikTok three days ago; it’s already been viewed more than 740,000 times.
* A graduate of Columbia College in Chicago, Rebecca began singing at age 5, using music as an emotional outlet after losing her father to cancer. She began writing her own music around age 10.
* Though she grew up on country music, Rebecca had transitioned to more of a pop/R&B artist by the time she appeared on The Voice and had performed with several bands, including the neo-soul, hip-hop group OBY in Chicago.
* She had also sang background vocals for Sir The Baptist on the “Late night with Seth Myers” and performed at the House of Blues and The Metro in Chicago.
* Check out Rebecca on Spotify and you’ll find another track with more than 500,000 streams. It’s a duet cover of Lady Gaga’s “Always Remember Us This Way” with Ryan Ward. He also happens to be one of the collaborators on “Round Hole.”
Rebecca on social media:
Leave a reply