Here’s more about Valarie:
* She’s from Muskogee, Okla., now lives in Owasso, Okla., and usually performs as Ms. Val.
* According to her bio, she began singing at a very young age at Old Agency Baptist Church with her family.
* At age 11, she joined The Summit Community Mass Choir.
* Soon after, she started traveling nationally, singing background for gospel artists, including Vicki Winans, Frank Williams, Kirk Franklin, James Moore, Timothy Wright, Smokie Norful and Dorinda Clark-Cole.
* In 2004, she became lead singer for the WallStreet Band of Tulsa and she continues to perform with the group.
* Val is a regular performer at the Retro Bar and Grill in Tulsa with the Thursday Night Retro Band and also performs regularly at Tulsa’s DW Speakeasy.
* Since 2014, she’s been married to fellow musician Parry Harding, also a member of that retro band. She also has two one-year-old granddaughters.
* She’s also been a worship leader at New Jerusalem Church in Tulsa.
* In an obvious reference to her upcoming appearance on The Voice, on Instagram Val expresses gratitude “for this season in my life!!! I have had the absolute BEST summer ever and now I’m ready for what fall has for me.” For those who don’t recall, the Voice auditions, battle and knockout rounds are pre-taped. They were filmed this summer.
Leave a reply