Here’s more about Ava.
* She’s from Coronado, Calif., and graduated high school earlier this year after being a member of the show choir, the National Honor Society and the Feminist Girls Leading a Movement club.
* She’s a singer-songwriter, dancer and model, according to her bio on Coronado’s Talent, a fund-raiser held annually by the city.
* Ava plays piano and guitar and was twice selected to attend Grammy Camp, designed to help students prepare for life in the music industry. She was one of just eight students from across the country selected for the vocal track.
* In an interview, Ava said she wanted to attend Grammy Camp after hearing Maren Morris give the program a shout-out when accepting an award.
* One of her biggest take-aways from the program, she said, was all the work that goes on behind the scenes and all the people involved in recording and producing a song.
* According to that Coronado’s Talent bio, she also served as executive director and host on her high school’s TV news show and worked as a contributing reporter for a news magazine show called California Life.
* Ava hasn’t released music yet, but she has debuted two original songs — “Crestline Place” and “A Day and 15 Hours Away” on that show. You can check out the latter below.
* Her Instagram page bears the slogan “love like Dawson.” That’s in honor of an older cousin named Dawson who taught her guitar and inspired her to pursue music. He died from drowning in 2017.
* Ava has done modeling for the design and fashion store Mia Bella Couture and for the René Atelier clothing brand.
* Judging from her Instagram, she was also a member of her high school dance team during her junior and senior years of high school.