Here’s more about Kevin.
* He’s an R&B artist from Lancaster, Texas, who has already released music.
* That music came in the form of a 2019 debut single called “All Night Long.” The song was inspired by an ex-girlfriend and a relationship that didn’t work out. You can check out the music video below.
* He followed up with a full 15-song album, “Mixed Emotions,” in 2020. It was a project five years in the making.
* Kevin has told multiple sites that he grew up in a musical family where everyone sang and played instruments. His mother sang in church choir, his dad directed it and he sang publicly for the first time in church at age 2.
* He began playing instruments in middle school, picking up the piano, organ and trumpet.
* But Kevin told Hip Hop Weekly that “it wasn’t until I came across performers such as Usher and Beyonce that I said to myself that is the career that I want to have. I want to be singing in front of others not just to be famous but, to cause change.”
* He lists Whitney Houston, John Legend and Prince as his other inspirations. In an interview with D Magazine, he describes his sound as a mix of modern-day Prince and John Legend.
* Kevin graduated from the University of North Texas with degrees in vocal performance and music education.
* He says he wrote the songs on his “Mixed Emotions” album between the ages of 20 and 25.
* Kevin says the project took so long because he didn’t want to release music until “I actually went through something, because I wanted all the songs to be relatable.”
Kevin on social media:
Leave a reply