American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Nailyah.
* She’s Nailyah S. Gardner, from Charlotte, N.C., describes herself as an artist and intuitive and calls herself “Astrologer of the South.”
* To that end, she runs an Astrologer of the South website where she offers individuals chart reading for $175 an hour and a 2023 forecast for $75 an hour.
* Nailyah says she’s been studying astrology since age 8. “Once she realized that astrology was the tool that helped her understand life, it became a part of her day to day,” her website reads. “Intuitive astrology is what she calls it. It is a combination of the scientific bases of Astro and intuition / spirituality.”
* Her music? Well, you can finds covers on her TikTok and both of her Instagram pages. Her artist page includes a wonderful cover of Chloe x Halle’s “I Wonder What She Thinks of Me.”
* She released her first single, “Loathe Love,” last summer, and you can check it out below. It’s soulful, haunting and unique.
* Nailyah says she grew up in a musical family. And from grade 6 on, she attended the Northwest School of the Arts in Charlotte. She was a musical theater major and one of her first big roles was in “The Color Purple.”
* She also sang in a jazz band called the Soul Syndicate, and you can check out some of her performances with the group on YouTube.
* In her senior video profile, she says her musical inspirations include Beyonce, Anita Baker, Jill Scott, Toni Braxton and Erykah Badu. “They’re unapologetic,” she says “That is my biggest thing, being 100 percent yourself and not being scared to be yourself, pushing the envelope.”
Nailyah on social media:
Astrologer of the South Instagram
Leave a reply