Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Warren:
* He’s a singer-songwriter in his early 20s from South Carolina.
* He was previously lead singer for Colston Branch, a Christian band based at Colston Branch Baptist Church near Bamberg, S.C.
* Warren joined the band as a teen in 2017 and was introduced as its lead singer — at “only 19” — in a YouTube cover of “Simple Man,” showing off his raspy vocals the following year.
* Warren was still lead singer in 2019 when Colston Branch released an 11-track, self-titled Christian album.
* He still sings worship music — his YouTube covers include Zach Williams’ “There Was Jesus” — but Warren’s also performing as a solo acoustic artist these days.
* And while he doesn’t appear to have released original music, he’s posted originals to social media, including “Duck Blind,” which you can check out below.
* Oh, Warren’s also an avid hunter, dedicating that song to “to all my fellow duck hunters, as well as all the friends and family I’ve hunted with over the years!”
* His YouTube channel is called Salkehatchie Music, borrowing the name of a river that runs through the region.
* In a welcome video, Warren says he loves “all different kinds of music.”
* Warren admits he was a bit late to the game on TikTok, but he’s gained ground quickly, to the tune of more than 10,000 followers.
Warren on social media:
Leave a reply