American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19.
Here’s more about Trey.
* Trey Louis is the stage name for Trey Lemley.
* He’s a young country artist from Sante Fe.
* And he’s developed quite a following on TikTok, to the tune of 1158,000 followers and 1.4 million likes.
* Trey’s had multiple videos go viral on the site, including covers of Chris Stapleton’s “You Should Probably Leave” and “Broken Halos.” You can check out the latter below.
* The first viral video — to the tune of more than 2 million views — came last July. Trey followed up with a TikTok entitled “Y’all have absolutely changed my life.” And posted another Chris Stapleton over, “A Simple Song.”
* Trey graduated from Sante Fe High School in 2019 and is a survivor of a school shooting that occurred there on May 18, 2018.
* Two weeks before the end of his junior year, a fellow student walked into Trey’s art classroom and opened fire, killing 10 and wounding 13 others.
* Trey took refuge in a closet and later learned that one of the students he had been sitting with was killed; two others friends were wounded. Two of his teachers, one a substitute, were also among those killed.
* He recounts his experience on Instagram, in a post he made six days later. And he’s posted a Sante Fe Strong logo bearing the names of the victims each year on the anniversary of the shootings.
* Trey announced his Idol audition in late January calling it, “the greatest thing I’ve ever done.”
@treylouismusic Broken Halos cover. Thank all yall for this support. Yall stay on board and this train is going places #treylouis #chrisstapleton #mulletszn #countrymusic #cover ♬ original sound – Trey Louis