Here’s more about Taylor:
* On her website, Taylor says she started singing at age 6 and started producing her own original songs by age 16.
* She also learned multiple instruments, including clarinet and saxophone and taught herself to play piano.
* A 2017 graduate of Carl Albert High School in Midwest City, Okla., she received a full scholarship to attend the Berklee College of Music. On her website, she says she’s the only student from Oklahoma to have ever done so.
* In 2019, she was a winner of the Berklee Voice Department’s Outstanding Performer Award. She graduated in 2021 with a dual bachelor’s degree in professional music and contemporary writing and production.
* She began releasing her own music in 2020 and has four singles out on streaming sites — debut single “Runnin’,” “Personal,” “All You Need” and “Rearview.” You can check out the lyric video for
“Rearview,” her most recent single, below.
* On her website, she describes her sound as “a blend of classic soul and nuanced, contemporary r&b/neo-soul, sprinkled with tiny delicacies of pop.”
* She’s also a featured vocalist on a pair of singles released this year, “Bloom” by Rotund and “Oxygen” by Hannibal.
* After graduation, she returned to Oklahoma and has been busy performing at community celebrations in her home state. In February, she performed an Ella Fitzgerald tribute in Lawton, Okla.
* She said other musical inspirations include Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Jill Scot and D’Angelo.
* Taylor also writes tailored compositions for people through Songfinch and demonstrated her talents in that regard during her Voice audition, singing a song about the song and including lyrics specific to each of the coaches.