Here’s more about the Dryes.
* The Dryes are a husband-wife country/Americana duo that includes singer-songwriters Katelyn and Derek Drye.
* According to a 2018 interview, they began creating music together in their hometown of Winston-Salem, N.C., in 2008 while still pursuing solo ventures.
* They officially became a duo about 10 years ago. Says Katelyn: “We knew we were meant to create together because we were better together.”
* And create they have, especially recently, to the tune of nine singles, a Christmas cover and an EP since 2018.
* Must-hears among that collection include a fun honkytonk tune called “Dolly Would” and the lovely ballad “Yes.”
* Their most successful single to date is “War,” released in 2018. Dealing partly with the death of Derek’s mom by suicide when he was still a baby, that song has been streamed more than 6.6 million times on Spotify.
* The Dryes’ music videos for “Dolly Would” and their latest single “House on Fire” (released in February) both hit #1 on CMT’s 12-Pack Countdown. Check out “Dolly Would” below.
* The couple are now Nashville based, having “packed everything that was important in a hand-me-down Jeep Cherokee” in order to move there in 2014.
* They’re also popular on TikTok, where their combination of music, good times and humor has attracted nearly 30,000 followers.
* In an interview with People, Katelyn said: “Anything we go through in life is not just for us. We take those painful moments and put them in a song to hopefully inspire someone else going through the same thing.”
On social media:
Leave a reply