Here’s more about Aaron.
* He’s a Waco, Texas-based singer-songwriter, age 37 when interviewed by the Waco Tribune in the summer of 2018.
* He’s been performing for 13 years as The Union Revival with his wife Amanda.
* They released a 13-song live acoustic album back in 2017. It’s an excellent collection; they sound great together. Check out “Hypocrite” below.
* On Facebook, they describe their sound as modern storyteller/folk rock with a bit of Americana vibe.
* The couple met in 2001 in an audio engineering class at McLennan Community College taught by Aaron’s father, Brian, and were married a year later.
* Aaron explains the duo’s name in that Waco Tribune piece, or at least why Union is part of the name. “When we created ourselves as Union Revival … there wasn’t a lot of unity, not a lot of community, but in music we were all gathering together for one reason,” he told the site. “We’re not to draw lines between people, but to connect them.”
* At the time of the aforementioned newspaper article, Aaron was also contemporary worship leader and audio tech director at First United Methodist Church.
Editor’s note: Season 20 of The Voice is scheduled to kick off Monday, March 1 on NBC.