Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Fire:
* She’s Dani Marie Wilmore, 23, from Lawton, Okla., and lists herself as a pop, soul and R&B singer on TikTok.
* Among the videos there, you’ll find a lovely cover of Demi Lovato’s “Made for Me to Love,” dedicated to her 4-year-old daughter Maja. Fire was 18 when she found out she was pregnant and became a single mom.
* She now lives in Hampton, Va., and works for the Humane Society, according to her Facebook page.
* She’s a 2018 graduate of Junction City High School in Kansas.
* According to her Facebook bio, she’s also a former E-2 — private — in the U.S. Army.
* Fire auditioned for The Voice in 2020 and posted her video submission, a cover of Idol judge Katy Perry’s “The One That Got Away” on YouTube.
* She posted her Idol audition to Instagram almost exactly two years later, this time covering “Talking to the Moon” by Bruno Mars.
* She recently announced that she’s been accepted to her “dream school” — The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
* She’s of Comanche and Mexican descent.
* Fire has more than 1,300 likes on her TikTok, though most of her music posts there have come in the last few months. Check out her impressive cover of Ed Sheeran’s “Bad Habits” below.
@imfireofficial this song just makes me wanna dance💚 #HolidayOREOke #cover #singing #americanidol #fyp #trending #artist #singersoftiktok #edsheeran @Ed Sheeran ♬ original sound – fire wilmore