American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Oliver.
* He’s a 24-year-old singer-songwriter who was born in Michigan, grew up in Mount Juliet, Tenn., and now gigs around Nashville.
* He doesn’t appear to have released music, but he’s affiliated with Breedlove guitars. His bio on the Breedlove site says he’s working on his debut album.
* His father was a blues guitar player “who would ensure music would surround (Oliver) throughout his life,” according to that same bio.
* That said, Oliver admits on Instagram that in mid-2021 he “was starting to question my dream of being a musician.”
* He was reflecting on that time while announcing that he was officially affiliated with Breedlove, thanking the company “for helping to make a seemingly unfathomable dream come rue.”
* Since then, he’s performed So Far Sounds shows in Nashville and L.A., posting his cover of Jamey Johnson’s “In Color.”
* It’s a song he chose to perform because he always used to sing it with his father, Oliver explained.
* He calls Jack Johnson his biggest influence, writing “ever since I was a kid, @jackjohnson ‘s music and message has meant so much to me. Now, as a musician on my own journey, Jack has influenced so much of who I am as a performer, player, and writer. ”
* You can head to the Pitch Meeting YouTube channel to check out a couple of Oliver Steele originals — “Too Soon (To Say I Love You)” and “If You Could See What I See.”
* Oliver doesn’t take himself too seriously. He describes himself as a singer-songwriter, guitarist and “huge nerd” on TikTok where you can check out videos of him dancing with his cat.