Here’s more about Tanner:
* He’s a 19-year-old pop artist who has been releasing music since age 15.
* Tanner began singing earlier than that, started to take vocal lessons by age 11 and was singing publicly — including the national anthem at the Big 12 championship baseball game — by age 13.
* He was born in Tyler, Texas, but his family moved to Oklahoma before he started school and that’s where most of his early performances took place.
* In fact, his web bio says he was named ‘Best Under 16’ at the grand awards show at the McSwain Theater in Ada, Oklahoma two years in a row.
* He eventually became a member of Acapop! Kids, co-founded by Scott Hoying of Pentatonix.
* Tanner was featured in that group’s cover of “Shallow,” released in November 2019. The video was among the group’s most popular, with more than 16 million views on YouTube.
* Tanner released a pair of singles when he was just 15.- “I Promise” and “Memories of You” both dropped in 2019. The former remains his most streamed on Spotify.
* His other available singles — “Break Me,” “Ain’t My Party” and “Liar” — were all releaed in 2022.
* “Break Me,” his most publicized to date, is an upbeat song about the triumph over anxiety. It dropped in June of 2022. You can check it out below.
* After a multi-month hiatus from Instagram, Tanner announced his Voice audition last week, writing: “Sorry for the silence, but boy do I have news for you.”
* Tanner already has more than 87,000 followers on his TikTok.