Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 27. Here’s more about Ryleigh.
* She’s Ryleigh Bunch, a 16-year-old country singer-songwriter from Whiteville, N.C. who uses Ryleigh Madison as her stage name.
* In spite of her young age, she has lots of performing experience from traveling around the Carolinas and beyond, singing alongside her uncle, fellow musician Dustin Chapman.
* Chapman wrote Ryleigh’s debut single and only release to date, “Stranger,” a song recorded when she was just 14. Check it out below.
* Ryleigh says the song “expresses that feeling everyone has felt when you get out of a relationship and discover your ex is moving on a lot faster than you and trying to forget the past they had with you.”
* Ryleigh began singing in church when she was just 3. More recently, she’s led worship at church and been an active members of the church’s youth group.
* She attends South Columbus High School, where she’s also been involved in choral ensemble, cheerleading and the academically gifted program.
* Her inspirations include Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Carrie Underwood and Maddie & Tae.
* And Ryleigh says she’s trying to craft her own unique sound by merging contemporary and classic country influences.
Keep checking back …
I’ll be posting profiles of about 50 top contestants who auditioned for American Idol Season 20. Profiles of the singers listed below will be coming soon. More names might be added. The links take you to the profiles already published.
Kezia Istonia (a.k.a. Lady K.)