American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 27. Here’s more about Tristen.
* He’s a 17-year-old musician from Pell City, Alabama. who writes on Facebook that “I love to rock.”
* He also apparently rocked to the liking of American Idol’s superstar judges. A Season 20 promo shows him leaving the audition room with a golden ticket.
* In spite of his young age, Tristen has already released music — a six-song EP called “Act 1: The Poet” that came out in August. On social media, he called making the album “a long journey, and a crazy fun experience!”
* He celebrated with a well-received album release show at Lakeside Grill at Coosa Island in Cropwell, Ala. Check out the excellent title track from the EP below. And, yep, Tristen also plays harmonica.
* Last May, Tristen won Season 13 of the Kowaliga Idol competition, organized by the Kowaliga Country radio station. He performed “Hard to Handle” by the Black Crowes in a third-round performance you can check out on his Instagram page.
* He was also involved in drama activities in high school. At the 2018 Theatre for Youth Festival in Montgomery, Ala., he took first place for varsity solo acting and honorable mention for varsity musical theatre.
* In a radio interview just before his EP release show, Tristen said he started playing guitar around age 14.
* He said his idols include Jimi Hendriz and Michael Jackson.
Keep checking back …
I’ll be posting profiles of about 50 top contestants who auditioned for American Idol Season 20. Profiles of the singers listed below will be coming soon. More names might be added. The links take you to the profiles already published.