Here’s more about Al.
* The name might ring a bell for fans of The Voice. Al auditioned for Season 23, but failed to turn a chair.
* He performed a fun version of the upbeat Elvis Presley / Travis Tritt tune “T-R-O-U-B-L-E.” Chance the Rapper complimented him on his “cool style.”
* And though he didn’t land a spot on the show, Al told his hometown KTAL that The Voice “was such a cool experience” and he appreciated the opportunity to pursue his dreams.
* “But if you don’t quite reach them or reach what you think you should reach, don’t let it discourage you from still making music because music at the end of the day is very objective,” he added.
* Al Boogie is the stage named for Alex Troegel, a crane salesman in his late 30s from Shreveport, La., and the father of three. His wife Stacey and son Dierks accompanied him to his Voice audition.
* And he’s been making music for quite a while, performing as a solo acoustic act and as singer for the band Ole Whiskey Revival.
* The band formed in 2014 and released an eight-song, self-titled album in 2018. They released a music video for “Whiskey Makes It Spin,” which you can check out below.
* Said Al of the band during his Voice bio segment: “We don’t sell a lot of records, but we’ve sold a lot of beer and we’ve made a lot of people dance and have a good time and forget their worries for a while.”