Here’s more about Kristen:
* Her father Kent is a professional bass fisherman who raised her on the music of Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn.
* The affection for country music stuck and at age 13, Kristen joined a pop-country trio called Auburn Road with two friends she’d been singing with since age 8.
* Auburn Road released an album in 2016 and followed that up with at least two singles. The group’s music is still available on streaming sites.
* Auburn Road also opened for Toby Keith, Morgan Wallen and Rascal Flatts, but Kristen decided to go solo in 2021.
* She’s since released a single called “Christmas Spirit” in memory of her late aunt. The music video for the song, which you can check out below, has more than 94,000 views on YouTube.
* In an interview with radio station 105.1 KNCI, Kristen said she auditioned for Season 23 of The Voice, but it didn’t work out.
* When she saw that there was an open call for Season 24 on her 24th birthday, she decided to try again, performing “Stand By Your Man.” This time, she landed a chance to participate in the blinds.
* But how did the country artist wind up chosing Gwen over Reba? Kristen explained that in the radio interview as well.
* “I felt this connection to Gwen,” Kristen said. “They ended up cutting a lot of what she said. She pitched me for another five minutes. I just felt this pull to her.”
* And, there was a bit of strategy involved, Kristen added. “In battles, you go against your own team. And I thought, I could be the country girl of Gwen’s team or I could be one of the country girls on Reba’s team.”
* She describes her music as country with an edge and writes and produces her own music.