Here’s more about Calla.
* She’s 22-year-old Callie Prejean, a Nashville-based singer-songwriter and pop artist.
* Since 2021, she’s released three singles as Calla — “Too Nice,” “Solo” and “Self-Sabotage.” All have more then 100,000 streams on Spotify.
* “Self-Sabotage” is her most successful single to date, and you can check out thee music video below. The single dropped in March, followed by an EP in remixes.
* She’s since released “Against the Grain,” a collaborative single with Kayla Glaze.
* Calla was born and raised in Houston and began performing at a young age. Search Callie Prejean on YouTube and you’ll find a number of performances dating back to when she was just 9.
* Her Spotify bio indicates she was a world championship hip-hop dancer.
* In a December 2021 interview with Sweety High, Calla says: “I think dance, in general, has shaped a lot of my career … Also, being a hip-hop dancer opened my creativity to what I would want my future concerts to look like, where my music and love for dance can merge.”
* In the same interview, she talks about her goals for her music, saying: “I was always able to find comfort and healing and learned to love my authentic self just by listening to music. I want to create the same feeling for my listeners and to let them know that they’re not alone in any obstacle they go through.”