Here’s more about RUDI:
* She’s Rudi Aliza Gutierrez, a 28-year-old R&B / pop artist from San Antonio, Texas.
* And fans of reality TV might remember her from “Bachelor, Listen to Your Heart,” which aired in the spring of 2020.
* The show matched aspiring artists and had them perform together to see if romance blossomed. Rudi was matched with Matt Ranaudo.
* They were dubbed MUDI and hailed for their musical chemistry. A surviving video of their acclaimed performance of Lady Gaga’s “Shallow” has nearly 1 million views on YouTube.
* But Matt called it quits on the show’s final episode, a move that Rudi said “blindsided” her at the time.
* Happily, the couple reunited musically — if not romantically — in 2022, posting a duet of Adele’s “All I Ask.”
* At the time, Rudi wrote: ““Life is too short to hold onto grudges. sometimes you just gotta move on and do what makes YOU happy – singing with this guy is one of those things that will always put a smile on my face.”
* Prior to her time on the show, Rudi was working in L.A. as a demo singer.
* Since the show, she’s released a half dozen well-received singles. “Smile” and “Hate LA” — two of her earliest releases — each have more than 300,000 streams on Spotify.
* Her latest release, “Murder,” dropped in December 2022. You can check it out below. And those singles also include “Stupid Boy,” written in part about her experience on The Bachelor.
* In an interview with Lone Star Plate, Rudi said her favorite performance from that show was “Tennessee Whiskey.”
* But she quickly added that nothing had changed about the direction of her music. “I sing with soul and I like to dance. That’s who I was going in and that’s how I came out.”
* Rudi, by the way, has more than 57,000 followers and more than 900,000 likes on her TikTok.