Claudie B., 24, Nashville, Tenn., “Human Nature” by Michael Jackson: Claudia showed some nerves early in the perofrmance, but her tone still enticed quick chair turns from John Legend, Niall Horan and Rebe McEntire. Niall loved the bluesy tone in her voice. Reba loved her genuine reaction to the chair turns. John said he thinks he has a lot in common with Claudia. Claudia chose to join Team Legend.
Here’s more about Claudia.
* She’s a soulful singer-songwriter and full-time musician based in Nashville, Tenn.
* Claudia is from the D.C. area and graduated from the Berklee College of Music.
* She’s also among the Season 24 contestants who has already released music, with three singles on Spotify as Claudia B.
* Those included “Night Without You” from 2020, “Old Me” from last year and “Something Real,” which dropped in May.
* “This is just the start of a new era that feels more right than ever,” she wrote on social media when “Something Real” was released. “I can’t wait to share more with you.” Check out her most recent single below.
* On her Spotify bio, she describes her as an up-and-coming pop/R&B artist and her sound as a mix between H.E.R., Halsey and Ariana Grande.
* And she writes that she’s performed thousands of shows, including performances at the Grand Ole Opry, on the Kelly Clarkson Show and at D.C.’s National Cherry Blossom Festival near her hometown of McLean, Va.
* She previously released music — an EP called “Chances” and an album called “Yours” (2017) and an EP called “Pllwtlk” (2019) as Claudia B. Swope. The don’t appear to be available on streaming sites.
* Claudia celebrated a special anniversary in early August, writing on Instagram: “One year ago, I worked my last shift as a server. The plan was for me to continue to pick up shifts, but instead I only picked up gigs and have been doing so ever since … feeling sentimental today and so grateful for gut feelings that lead me to this place & the people that keep me here.”
* Claudia has also released an acoustic version of “Human Nature,” her Voice audition song. “This song changed my life in many ways and I wanted to show you the version that feels the most like me,” she writes on social media. “It is raw, real, and a little imperfect (just like us all 🤪).”