Here’s more about Kara.
* She’s an R&B-based singer-songwriter who grew up in Riverside, Calif., and now lives in Atlanta.
* Kara started singing at a young age and her parents, impressed by her musical talent, placed her in piano lessons.
* Her musical influences include Michael Jackson, Beyonce, SWV, Missy Elliot, Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder.
* From 2010 to 2013, she was part of a girl group trio that landed a recording contract at one point.
* After the group disbanded, Kara drove for UBER for a while and would always sing for her customers.
* She wound up being featured in a commercial as a singing UBER driver showing off her talent alongside Julia Michaels. That commercial aired during the 60th Grammy Awards in early 2018.
* Kara has also released solo music, including a 2018 single called “Body Heat” and a 2022 four-song EP called “Faith Over Fear.”
* She explained that title in an interview with Canvas Rebel, saying: “As talented as I am, I still would let fear paralyze my movement towards ultimate success because of past experiences in the music industry that I had to face. When I finally decided to really invest in myself and put out music, that’s when things would start to open up for me. I had to lean on my faith opposed to leaning on fear. ”
* That philosophy apparently paid off. As the EP was about to be released, Kara wrote on Facebook: “The vocals for my debut EP “F.O.F” are done and I’m so excited! The Most High has been guiding each step. It’s been such a flowing, unforced, and healthy process that just FEELS RIGHT. ”
* Kara also released music videos for two of the songs on the EP — “Undecided” and “Outside.” Check out the latter below. In an interview earlier this year prior to a performance in London, Kara called “Outside” her favorite song on the EP because “it just has an energy to it that embodies who I am as a young woman.”
* Kara’s also been posting covers to her YouTube channel consistently for the past seven years and has more than 1,200 followers on her TikTok.