The Voice kicked off Season 24 this week with the coaching quartet of Reba McEntire, Gwen Stefani, John Legend and Niall Horn.
Here’s more about LVNDR.
* LVNDR — pronounced Lavender — is the stage name for Lindsey Garcia, a singer from Grand Rapids, Mich.
* She classifies herself as an indie singer-songwriter who’s inspirations growing up included Amy Winehouse, Jason Mraz and “anything Motown.”
* The Voice isn’t the first singing show she’s auditioned for. In 2019 and again in 2021, she won the WTOV “Idol Sweepstakes in Grand Rapids.
* That meant she got a first-in-line ticket for an American Idol audition in front of the celebrity judges. I don’t recall her appearing n the show. But, of course, Idol airs only a small number of its auditions.
* At the time, Lindsey told WTOV that she’d been singing as long as she could remember, but was a “closet singer” until age 16.
* In another online profile, she writes: “Music has always been my passion and has always helped me get through rough times in my life; it was kind of my ‘cure’ to my social anxiety.”
* She added that her goal is to help others through hard times by sharing her music.
* Lindsey doesn’t appear to have released music. But she’s posted videos of impressive originals with the help of Dogtown Studios in Grand Rapids and the loop pedal she’s learned to use over the past 2 years. Check out her song “Stuck on You” below.
* She’s also been working on a debut LVNDR EP that she hopes to release sometime in 2023, judging from her Facebook posts.
* As for her upcoming national TV appearance, she writes: “From doing random open mics, to getting a blind audition on The Frickin VOICE. What is life lol?”