Here’s more about Huntley.
* He’s singer-songwriter Michael Huntley, based in Fredericksburg, Va.
* And he has some singing show experience, having competed on American Idol three times and earning a gold ticket on at least one of those occasions.
* In a 2022 interview, he said Season 2 champ Ruben Studdard encouraged him to audition for the show. Ruben was the celebrity judge as a Fredericksburg Idol competition Huntley won in 2011.
* He released his debut solo single “Holdin’ On” in April 2022. You can check out the music video below.
* On Instagram, he describes himself as a county soul artist and says he’s been working on a project called “Fire and Flames,” set for release sometime this year.
* That’s also the name of another Huntley original you can check out on his Instagram.
* He’s also fronted a Fredericksburg, Va., based rock band called Lucys Letdown.
* The band released a 2020 single called “Loose Cannon,” but its social media went silent in 2021.
* Huntley is from Florida, but moved to Virginia around the time he started high school.
* He’s also a graduate of Full Sail University in Florida and spent some time pursuing music in Nashville.
* In the 2022 interview with Fredericksburg.com, he described his music this way: “I would say I’m singer-songwriter country, definitely southern blues rock ’n’ roll. All my favorite types of music -— a little bit of Joe Cocker, a little bit of John Mayer, a little bit of Bob Marley.”