If I’m Adriana Louise or Michaela Paige, I’m more than a little worried about tonight’s episode of The Voice.
A week ago, they were among the more dubious recipients of coaches’ saves, with Adriana chosen over De’Borah and Michaela chosen over Liz Davis.
Last night, they were among the first performers on a two-hour episode or a show where the outcome is based on fan voting, and American Idol history tells us that’s a tricky spot for anyone but the most popular contestants.
Then, today, we learn that neither of their performances charted among the top 200 most downloaded singles on iTunes. The only other artist whose song didn’t chart was frontrunner Amanda Brown.
All of that points to this: Adriana and Michaela are the most likely contestants to head home tonight.
But before we get to the eliminations, we’ll be treated to lots of music tonight.
Christina and Cee Lo will perform “Make the World Move” from her album, which also features a duet with Blake.
Cee Lo and Blake will each take the stage to perform with their remaining singers.
And Jason Aldean (is anyone on Brittany Kerr watch?) will perform his song “The Only Way I Know” with members of Team Christina and Team Adam.
We start off with Cee Lo and Christina and the song from her album, which hit stores today. Interesting spectacle. See that, X Factor folks. You don’t need an enormous stage to put on a big show.
The artists advancing to the Top 10
- Bryan Keith — No surprise there. He’s been consistently good and last night’s “Back to Black” was an iTunes fan favorite.
- Sylvia Yacoub — And that’s well deserved. She chose one of the toughest songs last night and did an excellent job.
- Nicholas David — The guy’s obviously got a bigger fan based than I would have suspected.
- Dez Duron — What? You thought the cutest guy on the stage was heading home on the first round of finals voting? Never happens on these shows.
- Trevin Hunte — After Amanda’s stumble last night, he might be the new favorite to win.
- Cassadee Pope — And she has yet to do her best, which is bad news for everyone above.
- Terry McDermott — Last night was an off performance for the veteran rocker; he’ll be back with better.
- Amanda Brown — Wow, could you tell she was worried that she’d pay big time for last night’s misstep? It was obvious from her expression since the show started.
- Cody Belew — Fantastic! He’s got one of the best voices among the guys and deserved to stay.
- Melanie Martinez — She needed a save but did enough to stay with a very nice song selection of “Cough Syrup.”
As expected Adriana and Michaela depart. Both are loaded with potential.
Michaela showed incredible charisma for a 16-year-old. Adriana barely performed for three years before The Voice, yet made the Top 12.