American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Caroline.
* Now 25, she’s Texas-born Caroline Kudelko, who began performing under the stage name Suite Caroline.
* She competed on a 2020 episode of Songland, reworking an original song called “Fool’s Gold” with Shane McNally. The song wasn’t the chosen one from her episode, but her performance of it has more than 230,000 views on YouTube.
* That’s just the tip of the iceberg in terms of available music from Caroline, a country singer as a teen who has since transitioned to pop music.
* Since 2016, she’s released a pair of full-length albums — “I’m a Bad Actress” in 2021 and “Queen” in 2021 — and at least two EPs.
* Her most recent song, “Passive Aggressive,” dropped in October, following 2022 singles “Headboard” and “Red Flags.” She called the latter “the first release of a new era.” Check out that newest song below.
* Her most popular songs on Spotify are “Freaking Out” (12 million steams) and “I Like Cars” (more than 4 million). Both appeared on that 2020 album.
* Caroline grew up in the Clearwater, Fla., area and told a newspaper there she turned to music at age 8 when she realized she was bad at sports. She picked up her guitar and wrote a song about her first crush.
* Her family moved to Nashvville when she was in eighth grade and she wound up under the tutelage of Reba McEntire and began touring with her in 2013. She also contributed backing vocals on a 2015 album released by McEntire.
* By age 16, she had already opened for Blake Shelton and Alan Jackson and she’s performed with Charlie Daniels, Pat Benatar and Sheryl Crow.
* She transitioned to pop in 2018 with the released of a six-song self-titled EP.