American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Kaylin.
* Now New York-based, she’s just 15 but will hit the Idol stage with tons of performing experience.
* Her big break came at age 10, when she submitted a video audition for the Hollywood Bowl’s production of “Annie” and was selected for the lead role.
* According to her website bio, she began performing at age 6, playing a sheep in a regional production of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.” “She enjoyed it so much she decided to devote everything to the arts.”
* Since “Annie,” she’s appeared on Broadway, including in a late 2017 peformance of “Kris Kringle.” And she’s racked up about a dozen film and TV acting credits as well.
* In a bit of an understatement, Kaylin writes on Instagram that “when I’m not binge watching anime or shark week I like to sing a little!” In truth, she’s been posting YouTube videos of covers of popular songs since age 8.
* She writes original music too, but hasn’t released any yet. She has posted some samples to her website and posted an impressive song called “Jealousy” that she penned at age 13 on her Instagram. Check it out below.
* Kaylin also writes musicals and has posted an original theater song called “Red” on her YouTube channel.
* Musically, she writes that her inspirations include renown singer-songwriters Taylor Swift, Alanis Morissette, Jewel, and Fiona Apple.
* She’s promoting her Idol appearance on social media, leading up to it by writing “Sooo I did a thing!!!!! Been wanting to do this since I was 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Kaylin on social media:
Leave a reply