American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Nutsa.
* She’s a 25-year-old pop artist from Dubai and she has lots of experience with televised singing competitions.
* Nutsa gained acclaim at age 17, winning New Wave, an international competition in which young singers cover popular music. That was in 2014.
* The very next year, she participated in Turkey’s version of The Voice, turning four chairs with her blind audition performance of “Lady Marmalade” and opting to join the team of well-known Turkish artist Hadis.
* In 2017, she participated in the Eurovision Song Contest, finishing second with a song called “White Horses Run,” written for her by a pair of collaborators in the U.K.
* In 2020, she appeared on a singing show called “All Together Now,” belting out an impressive version of “Creep” that’s been viewed more than 630,000 times on YouTube.
* And in 2021, she won the international artist award in the Albanian singing competition Kënga Magjike.
* She also participated in Georgia’s version of “Dancing With the Stars” with less success. “Unfortunately, I broke my legs. Ugh, it was really, really bad days for me,” she says in a YouTube video.
* But when it comes to singing competitions, Nutsa says all the experience has paid off. “I started participating in contests when I was 8 years old,” she says in the same interview. “I know exactly what you need when you’re in the contest. It’s a lot of pressure, a lot of work you have to do. Every time I step in the contest, I switch my mind on to go from here (she holds her hand at table height) to there (she raises her hand above her head).
* Nutsa has released music both under her full name and as just Nutsa. A 2019 album called “Nutsa22” included eight tracks, including “White Horses Run” and three others in English.
* Her most recent English releases came as Nutsa and include “Let U Go” from last year and “You Broke My Heart” and “We Are One” from 2021. Check out “Let U Go” below.
* The end result is a large social media presence with 335,000 followers on Instagram, 224,000 on Facebook and more than 4 million views on her YouTube videos.
Nutsa on social media:
Nutsa Buzaladze is from Georgia,not Dubai.