American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s more about Lexi.
* She’s from Cohoes, N.Y., but graduated from Palm Harbor University High School in Palm Harbor, Fla.
* She’s a musical theater student and member of the Class of 2025 at the Boston Conservatory at Berklee.
* In May, she was part of a First Voice show at the Boston Conservatory where she and her fellow students performed “an original musical expression of their shared first-year journey” at the school.
* At Palm Harbor, she was vice president of the school’s competing a cappella group, The After School Specials.
* In fact, she performed the solo in the group’s performance of Demi Lovato’s “Confident” for the South Semifinals of the International Championship of High School A Cappella in the spring of 2021. You can check out the performance below.
* In 2021, she also won a $3,000 scholarship at the top theater student in the Walker’s Rising Stars Scholarship Competition featuring top arts students from schools in Pinellas County, Fla.
* In her After School Specials bio, Lexi says she started singing at a young age, focusing on pop music, but had switched her focus to musical theater.
* “I have always had a love for singing, but as I got older I found a love for acting as well,” she explained in one of her Rising Stars video submissions. “It originally started as a love for musical theater but over time I started to love doing plays just as much. I love bringing the different characters to life and taking the audience on a journey with me.”
* At the time, she listed her favorite song as “My Boy” by Billie Eilish.
* Lexi has more than 14,000 followers and more than 132,000 likes on her TikTok.