More about Presley:
* According to her Voice bio, Presley realized she had a talent for singing by age 7 and soon started entering competitions.
* At age 10, she joined a girl group called Five Little Princesses. They performed for Kelly Rowland and the Jacksons. The group broke up after about two and a half years but Presley told MusicExistence.com that fuled her passion for music. “Immediately I was hooked and infatuated with the stage.”
* She’s clearly found plenty of places to perform since. There are three videos on her YouTube page of her performing at the Staples Center in L.A., twice before sold-out crowds and once performing the national anthem at an L.A. Sparks (WNBA) game.
* She’s also released original music. Her first single (“O.O.T.D.”) came out in 2016. She released four in 2018. Her latest, the catchy “Childish,” is a great representation of her pop potential. “The Woods,” which I’ve embedded below, is a better example of her vocal skills. Her most popular to date on Spotify is “BFF,” short for Best Fake Friend, she explains.
* Presley told Voice Views she’s written or co-written all the songs she’s released to date. “I absolutely love writing and that whole entire process,” she said. “My favorite song I’ve released probably has to be ‘The Woods.’ I wrote the song based off of what I was going through and what I was feeling at the time. Though all my other songs are still based off of real-life experiences, it was different types of feelings and messages in ‘The Woods.’
* She said she’s always loved The Voice, but wanted to wait until she was 16 and had a little more experience before auditioning. She describes her original music as a mix of pop, soul and R&B.
* And as collected and confident as she seemed during her blind audition, Presley told Voice Views “I definitely was freaking out on the inside, especially when Kelly turned around. The experience I had while performing is a moment I’ll never forget. I remember feeling extremely surprised and excited that Kelly had turned for me. All I wanted to do was jump around.”
* So, yep, one-chair turn or more, she’s thrilled to be a member of Team Kelly. “Kelly has been someone I looked up to and I have truly admired for the longest time,” Presley says. “It is such a surreal feeling knowing that I get to work with her. I can’t wait to see what she has to say and take in every little thing I can to learn from her.”
On social media:
Leave a reply