American Idol returns to ABC on Sunday, Feb. 19 for its Season 21 premiere.
Here’s a bit more about Olivia.
* She’s a pop singer, an L.A. native and in her early 20s.
* She released her debut single, the addictive “Boy Bye,” in May 2021 and followed up with a music video that you can check out below.
* Olivia writes on Instagram that her goal was “to write an empowering female anthem everyone can relate to.” The inspiration came from guys who find thrill in the chase, then “as soon as the boy thinks he has a hold on you, he is suddenly not interested.”
* At the time, Olivia said she hoped to follow up with a debut EP. But to date, “Boy Bye” is her only release to streaming sites.
* According to her profile on IMDb, Olivia landed one of her first roles in music theatre in first grade, playing one of the Von Trapp children in a performance of “Sound of Music.”
* She’s known she wanted to become a performer at age 5, according to that bio, and started taking piano and voice lessons at an early age.
* At age 15, she became the first underaged female to have her own live show at the Vibrato Jazz Club in L.A., she told The Music Bugle in 2021.
* She says her musical inspirations include Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin and Beyoncé. ” They display the heart and soul of music in my eyes,” she says.
* As for her own music, she described it to The Music Bugle this way: “It makes people feel empowered and sexy. My style of music is perfect to dance and sing as loud as you can in your car when you want to feel like a princess.”
* Olivia has 69,000 followers on her TikTok where she recently posted clips of her performance of the national anthem at an L.A. Clippers game.